Wednesday, May 7, 2014

And the Winner is.....

Yes...that's right. I am now the new RA of Sansbury! I am very excited for this opportunity because unbeknownst to anyone else, I have always dreamed of living in Sansbury. It has the perfect reading and writing atmosphere, the common room is so very cozy and it looks like a house straight from an Austen novel. I will be very happy there. The way in which we found out our assignments was so cute. The Student Services and Residential Life staff members bought us a delicious Italian dinner and for dessert, we had Insomnia Cookies. Then, it was time. Justin and Kim handed out the gift bags that literally held our futures inside. On the count of 3, we all dug to the bottom of the bag and pulled the color coded t-shirts out onto the tables. On the back of each shirt was the name of your dorm assignment, and whoever had a corresponding colored shirt is your Co-RA. Sansbury has pink tshirts, which may seem a little biased because it is an all female dorm, but I love pink so I have no qualms with the color choice. I will start thinking about my theme for Sansbury because I want to have all that work done before I move in for training week. That is going to be the most intense two weeks of my life. I learned the hard way that sleep is essential to training week and the more decorating that is done, the more sleep you will get. Maybe a New Orleans theme would work? That is something for me to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment