Thursday, May 1, 2014

It's a Good Week to Grow Up a Little

I cannot go into all the details of this week, but I just want to be clear about something; it's okay to grow up a little too fast sometimes. It can only be a learning experience and that is very important. We learn millions of lessons through the people and places we meet and the interactions we have with the two. You will probably find yourself in a situation where you find yourself saying, "Well that was really stupid of me", but it is not true. No idea is stupid and even if it does not go according to plan, that's okay. People will understand and help you get back on the track you were starting on. Hopefully, this continues to mold you into the intelligent person that you are destined to be rather than hold you back. I know that this past week has definitely taught me more about myself than I ever thought I could learn at the ripe old age of 21. This week has given me just the confidence boost that I needed that will probably last me over a lifetime. As I make my way through these last two weeks of the semester and my school years, I learn that I am ready to take on the world and encounter situations I did not think I would ever find myself in.

This summer, I have my internship to look forward to, visiting Brussels for the first time and spending gorgeous summer days with Rob. Some people have their doubts about him and that is okay. So did I, but he and I worked them out.
That's another thing. 
You need to trust that people really do have your best interests at heart. Be patient. Be understanding. Prepare yourself for anything and everything and accept it with wide open arms and minds. I went into this "relationship" with doubt and hesitancy, and it almost cost me...big time. I learned that conversation is key. If you cannot communicate your feelings or whatever has been weighing you down, then you can never move forward.

I know this is a piece that is more intense than any of my other posts, but I don't know who is reading this blog and I wanted to speak to the masses on something I saw as important. I have always felt that I was a little bit behind everyone else in this game called life, but I think we all just have to remember that everyone moves at their own pace. 

So...take chances!
Live life!
Be happy!

I am trying so hard to be more positive in my life and accept my experiences and the person I have become.

Don't worry...a much lighter topic will come soon. I promise. Spring Jam this weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment