Thursday, November 6, 2014

Feeling Good

The best feeling is when a student I tutored in the writing center receives a kick ass grade on a paper: a 99! Wow! Although, it's bothering me what the one point reduction was for. I really appreciate academic success and his paper was really awesome. I have been a Writing Associate for so long that sometimes I feel like my eyes just don't catch all the things we are supposed to. All it takes is one success to know that after 3 1/2 years, I can still do my job effectively.

So, this month is a big one for writer's across the globe. It's National November Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). This is the first year that I am participating in such an event. The goal is start and finish a 50,000 word novel or more in the month of November. 

50,000 words in 30 days; quite the endeavor. 

Luckily, I am working on this challenge with my best friend Carlo. He and I are cheerleaders for one another. We read whatever the other has written and offer comments and feedback. As aspiring writers, we depend on the constructive criticism offered by those closest to us. 

So far I have a little over 2,000 words. I have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment