Thursday, December 18, 2014

Stephanie Katherine Fidis: Cum Laude

That's what they will call me at graduation in May. This semester was one of my hardest ever during my time here at Albertus Magnus, and I am positive that my final semester will be its equal; it was, however, an incredibly fruitful semester. 

I received all of my final marks this morning and I have earned my Christmas vacation with a 3.9 GPA (for this semester) and all A's. I was flabbergasted...still am. If someone presented me with this report card in high school, I would have thought that someone higher up was bribed. 

All A's...
Can you believe it?!

I really want to earn Magna Cum Laude status for graduation, but my overall GPA is only a 3.5 (Cum Laude). To be a Magna I would need to have a GPA of 3.7 by graduation time. Is that even possible? Maybe I could just convince Dean O'Connell to read the Cum Laude part as he calls my name?

When I look back on my earlier school years, I realize how far I have come and how much hard work has been applied to my academics. I work harder in school than my other siblings. Homework and tests comes so easily for them. I feel much better about myself now that I am on their level a little more than I used to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment