Saturday, December 6, 2014

Winter Break is Here

It's finally time for me to kick back, relax, and watch as the rest of the campus suffers through finals time. All of my finals were last week and are therefore completed! Now, I plan to spend my days napping in bed, reading novels, working out, and just detoxing from this semester. Of course, there will be the days spent in the Writing Center, the nights in the Pub, and those spent sitting on duty, but I will have to persevere. 

December 15 at 5 p.m. - that's the last day I will be on campus until the new year.
8 more days to go. 

Last night was the Winter Formal. Everything looked so magical! It was Mardi Gras themed. They decorated the BCR with fancy Mardi Gras archways, trees completed with strands of lights, and snow to complete the image. There were also walls covered in sheets of white lights to give it a snowy look. There was a photo booth there and my friends and I took advantage of it. Sometimes it can be really fun to just accessorize and take funny photos. The best photos are the ones with errors because only you know about them. It's the blemishes that make them beautiful. My whole group looked quite glamorous. 


The Wolcott boys had lovely suits on and masquerade masks that completed the outfits. 
Erika's purple dress, beautifully accented with a glittery silver pin, accentuated her natural features nicely. 
Emili and I matched: my dress was blue with black lace sleeves and she wore a black dress with blue tights the color of my dress. 
Meaghan's purple dress was so cute and sparkled when you looked at it in the right light; her silvery headband really completed the outfit.
Caroline had on this red dress that made her look completely comfortable with herself. 

I wish that we had stayed longer at the dance, but, alas alack, the group wanted to go out to Miya's for sushi at 10:30. It was a fun night because we were all together.

My plans for break include spending massive amounts of time with my family, hanging out with new friends, and working on my book. If I want to succeed as a serious writer, I have to work on pieces to submit to different magazines and contests, both online and in print. I have ten pages of my novel, but I am not sure that I am in love with the story. I have a couple of short stories in the works as well. I have one that I really want to submit somewhere. I am very proud of that piece. Maybe I will do a little career research too. I don't really know what I want to do after Graduation. Do I really want to work for a publishing house? Maybe I want to try the Script Supervisor job? Anything I do apply for will be an entry-level position, but I just need to be sure. I also need to study these companies I am thinking of applying to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment