Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday S'mores

Today, I made a s'more in my dorm room. How did I do this, you may ask. Well, it is quite simple really. You just take a piece of a Hershey bar, place it on the plate. Put a marshmallow right on top of the chocolate. Place the plate in the microwave and turn it on for 10-20 seconds. Watch as your marshmallow puffs up into a giant. Take it out of the microwave and bite into a gooey, delicious treat! It did wonders for my energy level today. It was the perfect snack break that cleaning my room required. I mean, do you honestly need the graham cracker? My friends say yes, but I never was a fan of the graham cracker portion of the s'mores delicacy. I wish I had more chocolate bars because I am a chocolate addict. Once I get a taste of it into my system, I cannot stop eating chocolate. It's happiness in a rectangle!

How about a little history lesson about my favorite candy on the planet? 
We have Milton S. Hershey to thank for this heavenly bar. "The captivating story of Hershey's spans nearly a century and a half of industrial and social change. It was in the year 1894 that candy manufacturer Milton Hershey made the decision to try adding chocolate coating to his caramels. Calling this new enterprise the Hershey Chocolate Company, he located it near the area he had been born, amid the rolling farmland of Derry Township, PA. By the summer of 1905, with the milk from nearby dairy farms and the spirit of hard-working local people, his new factory started turning out delicious milk chocolate." (http://www.hersheys.com/our-story) 

Thanks to this amazing man and his passion for chocolates and people, we are forever united by one thing; the Hershey bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment