Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Junior Year Reboot

I have been working on this blog of mine for a while now and I feel that the time has come, in our relationship, to share the "key ingredient" to it. School has never been my forte. I study, do the required readings, take notes, post to the elearning pages and I get A’s and B’s; job well done, nice pat on the back for me.  Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

The semester started only last week and I have not had class since Wednesday. I mean, I have class Tuesday’s and Thursday’s, but so far I have not yet. Although I did enjoy and extended long weekend, I do feel like the school year has not really started, homework does not exist and that deadlines are still a thing of the past. My dorm room is simply my apartment complex in a building for college age kids, like myself. Actually, I am excited because tomorrow, the same class that cancelled last Thursday is cancelled again, but this time he has an assignment for us! Here is the rising action of our story. Tomorrow, I will put to the test, my new organization/task management/deadlines system that I have created for myself. Last semester, my ability to follow due dates and schedules was a complete calamity. I intend to correct that error this time around. So far, so good. My boss, Justin, gave us this 5 month calendar that is really handy! I know everything I have to know about or be a part of from now through the last day I can live on campus. I put those dates into my planner, and those dates are all in my phone calendar. I have learned that you can never have too many calendars.

Tomorrow at noon, the test of my scheduling and priority sorting begins. Floor function paperwork is due to Justin by noon and I intend to have it there by then. One function is already mapped out; just one more to go. I am really excited for the one I am hosting next Wednesday night. I am going to have my residents make a dream board which will display pictures of their goals for life, the end of this semester, end of college, whenever they want to display their goals for. I have 5 goals that I will make my dream board for. I won’t share them now, but be on the lookout for them sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment