Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ah, to be young and in love...


As I had previously said, my sister is engaged! This past Sunday, she and Warren made dinner for us at her apartment. Through the rain and odd smells, we made the car ride to Manhattan for a mouth-watering dinner. She made us breaded chicken...or maybe they were canaries? I don't know for sure because the chicken pieces she bought for us at Trader Joe’s were big so it was like we each had our own bird. They were delicious and I was super happy when I saw she made extra. One word came to mind; seconds! She also made eggplant parmesan. Rachel is a really excellent cook. This was not the case when she was in high school. Back then, I was the potentially good cook. The roles have completely reversed and now...I can barely make rice. It is sad...but true. I will learn again though. We provided this dinner party with dessert. My mom made a chocolate tree shaped cake with a new frosting recipe. So good! We brought our Christmas cookie spread along with us.

 While we were there, we took some photos of Rachel and Warren and the ring! I love her ring to death. It's purple topaz. Topaz is her birthstone. It has two small diamonds on the side, but the ring suits my sister. She is the least materialistic person I know. Diamonds are not a priority for her. They aren't really a priority for me either, but I will never turn them down. If my future husband is out there and reading this, then wipe the sweat off your brow because I will be happy as long as the ring is real.





I am just glad that my sister is happy. It is weird for me because she isn't just dating this guy anymore. This is the man she is going to be with for the rest of her life. When she leaves her house (apartment), he will be there. When she comes home, he will be there. He will be there every day, all day. It just feels unreal that my sister is getting married. They are looking at September 2016 as their wedding range. I think that sounds good to me...not that my opinion actually has any impact, but I'm just saying. It is good because then there will only be one person in school. I graduate in 2015. Gabrielle and Jonathan graduate 2016; her from Manhattanville and he graduates from Chaminade. Rachel will be graduating with her Master’s degree that same year. I think a wedding that year will be exciting! I was joking with my grandmother that she better start saving her pennies for gifts that year. A wedding and a high school graduation and he needs a laptop for school? My Nonna has bought us all of our laptops. When someone heads to college, she supplies that person with a laptop. We always get to choose the one we want, reasonably priced, of course.

2014 is going to be so much fun because these two will start making wedding plans. Since it is my sister and we are sort of close I guess, I will have a front row seat to what planning a wedding looks like. I have my shield and sword ready in case I meet any dragons along the way. It’s always the sweet, non-materialistic ones…if you know what I mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment