Saturday, December 21, 2013

3.4 and Rising!

Let me just preface this with my testament that this past semester was the most difficult and challenging one out of all of my Albertus years. I was so nervous about what my grades would look like. I have to admit that I did not do my best work and I missed some classes here or there. When my grades were posted online, I was nervous. I finally bit the bullet and took a moment to look at my grades for the fall semester of my junior year and you will never believe what I saw! Somehow, some way, I managed to pull nothing lower than a “B” for the 5th semester in a row and I am pretty sure I will be on the Dean’s list once again!

Can I just pat myself on the back? Well…I did. I hope that many other people had smiles the size of mine when they looked at their report cards. Yes, I do still call it a report card because that is essentially what it is, but it is online and not mailed to your house. Well, regardless of how my grades arrive, it will always be the best early Christmas gift I will ever get.

Now, I can just focus on relaxing for the next two weeks before I head back to campus for my winter class; The War Films with Professor Ron Waite. It should be fun because there are some war films I am interested in, and all of my friends are taking the class with me; the perk of being an RA!

Over the break, I anticipate lots of reading time, maybe some movies, hopefully (fingers crossed) playing some more Uncharted on my new PS3 that I hope to get for Christmas…maybe, and definitely lots of family time. My brother wants me to play Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag with him. It is the newest game in the series and he is convinced that since I am such a HUGE Uncharted fan that I will enjoy Assassin’s Creed because they are similar. I will have to update on how that goes. I have a feeling I blew my chance for a PS3 for Christmas because of two problems; I beat games 1 & 3 of Uncharted with my friend Ricky and my family does not really have that much money so it is kind of crazy to ask them for such an expensive gift. My back-up plan is to save up and buy it for myself; games and all! I asked for it because I have had the same game system since the 7th grade. My siblings and I share a PS2, but two Christmases ago, my little brother received an XBOX 360 which essentially costs the same thing…except we had a little more money back then. Not much…but a little more money.

Whatever I get for Christmas, I know, that I will love it just the same as I would have a PlayStation 3. My family always manages to get me really nice stuff and I have always ended up more than happy.

Merry Christmas to all who read my blog! I wish you and your families all the best. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment