Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Time is Here


Here we are; first day of my vacation and I have been put to work. Don't get me wrong; this is my favorite job to perform all year; wrapping Christmas presents! 

This never used to be my job. Until I was about 13, this was my older sister’s gig. She would come over for a night of wrapping and Christmas tunes with my Nonna. When I found out that she was cooked my favorite meal (breaded chicken and soup) as part of the wrapping party, I jumped onto that train. Nonna and Rachel taught me everything I know about gift-wrapping. Now, I am the go to wrapper for every occasion. She taught me the precision in sizing and cutting the paper, decorating it with ribbons and bows and placing the label in a nice spot. My grandma taught the method that uses practically the whole role of tape on one box, but it gets the job done. Now, I can be considered the pro-wrapper. I come home from school and help her every year and I would not have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment