Saturday, December 14, 2013

That's a Wrap!

It's finally happened! That time of the year is finally upon me! I have completed all of my finals. The papers are all written, tests have been taken and eportfolio pages have been submitted. Today, I will celebrate the end of my final exams by sleeping, drinking tea, reading and watching the snow fall. I never thought that I would see the end of this semester because it has been the longest and most painful semester ever. There were so many papers for me to write. There were days where I felt like my homework was going to take me hostage and hold me for a ransom. It was a little dicey for a while.

With the end of finals, comes the waiting period. I have to wait a whole week for my grades to come out on the portal. That's tomorrow's problem though. Let's not worry about that for now.

I just have to write about this because it was a monumental moment for me and my college experiences here at Albertus. On December 6th, 2013, I attended my very first Winter Wonder formal here at school. It was so pretty! This year's theme was Great Gatsby. The halls were lined with banners that had quotes from the Great Gatsby on them. There was a fully decorated tree with presents underneath it. At the check in table, you were given either a pink or orange ticket. The pink was for everyone under 21 years old. Those people, including me, were given a glass of sparkling apple cider in place of the champagne. Next year, I will get a 21 years and older ticket!  (I'm getting so old.) The actual dance was inside the BCR in the campus center. They had trees lining the whole room. There were tables with little lights on it that you could sit and leave your belongings at. The music was pretty good. DJ Bryan had some good mash-up songs from popular artists. It made me want to get up and dance...but I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment