Monday, October 27, 2014

Welcome to the show

Here we are. 
The year is winding down and soon 2014 will be a thing of the past. 
Let's take a look at my list of to-do's:

-Register for my final semester
-Attend Fall Fest
-Complete assignments in timely manner

Oh...and my personal favorite one,

-Finally wake up on time for my Monday morning class.

I have one more class to register for because quite frankly I would not be an Albertus student if I registered without problems. Today, I have a few errands to run around campus that are residual from Fall Fest this past weekend. 

Most of the clan was here this weekend: Mommy, Daddy, Aunt Mary Anne, Rachel, Warren, Gabrielle, and Jonathan. It was really nice having them here. I took them on a tour of our gorgeous campus and I attempted to show it off to them, but since it was a Saturday, most of the buildings were locked up. Oh well. Next time I guess. 

During Fall Fest, Breakwater was hard-at-work selling coffee, tea and hot chocolate while holding a paint-your-own-pumpkin activity to raise money for the 2015 publication of Breakwater.

On Sunday, Residential Life spent the day at Lyman Orchards in Middlefield, CT. It was a gorgeous day and we got to go through the corn maze as a group, indulge in hot apple crisps and apple cider, and then we spent some time in the apple trees biting into some of the juiciest apples I have had all year. Kim was searching for some Golden Delicious, but instead we ate the Reds. Working through the maze was the best part for me because it required all of our brains to figure out how to read the map and to take risks and try different routes. It was just a nice, family day at the orchards. 

Now, I am not normally an apple crisp kind of girl and quite frankly the apple chunks were too large for me in this particular one, but I am willing to give it a try in the future as long as it is paired with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream melting into it. 

It's time to start the day I suppose. I have so much to do and a 10:45 class to attend in about 2 1/2 hours. Have a great day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment