Monday, April 13, 2015

Yankees v. Red Sox

Yesterday was a New York City adventure day.
I traveled to the Bronx with  a bus full of excited baseball fans from Albertus Magnus. I bought myself a dirt water dog, from one of the carts outside the stadium. 
I also did something I will try never to do again -- buy food inside the stadium. The food in there is ridiculously overpriced for the quality. 

$21.00 for a cheeseburger and a Stella beer. 
At least the burger was delicious.

Our seats were amazing!
We sat by left field right in the fly zone for batting practice. There were a few close calls where rogue baseballs almost came crashing down on me, but luckily people caught them. 
There were at least four very exciting home runs made during the game. I was really excited to be there for the entire game, because if it went on for as long as Friday night's game, the bus driver told us we were leaving at the end of the 9th inning no matter what. Luckily, the game finished up at 11:30. 

The Yankees won.

I started off my senior year with a trip to Boston's Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox play in their home stadium. It is really cool to get to be inside these baseball stadiums that you normally see only through a television screen. It is a fun time and a very colorful atmosphere to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment