Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Day the TV Died

This is not a happy post, but I was on Facebook and I felt like this needed to be shared with the world. Every Gleek on the face of the Earth has been waiting for tonight's episode. No, it's definitely not a happy episode and it is never one that I want to see repeated. My heart will break as I watch, but as of July 13th, 2013, the world expected this. Today is the day the world will attend the memorial for Finn Hudson (Cory Monteith), We will get to say goodbye and cry with the whole cast as they truly grieve for their fallen friend and loved one Cory. 

I was on youtube and I found the full version of Lea Michele's Glee cover of "Make You Feel My Love". This song will be featured in tonight's episode of Glee. I think it is better to sort of mentally prepare oneself for a sad event by listening to sad music. It seems almost therapeutic in a way. It definitely helps me a lot. I am by no means a Gleek. If I am lucky, I have seen maybe three episodes of this show. My heart still exploded into a billion pieces when I heard Cory died, but not for the reason people think. Most people are just distraught that Cory is gone, but I am destroyed by the fact that the love of Lea Michele's life is gone. That has to be the hardest thing to go through. She is so strong though. My eyes well up when I just see her face. I hope I have enough strength tonight to get through the whole episode. 

Give the song a listen. Hug the ones you love. Be grateful for everything in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment