Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wicked Wednesday


 Wow, can you believe we are almost into the middle of October? Time sure does fly when you are having fun with crazy work schedules, mass amounts of homework, RA duties, and other exciting things. I know this was last Wednesday, but I have to share with you all that I have now seen Wicked three times on Broadway. Yes, that's right; three. The very first time was in the 8th grade with my best friend Erin. She had tickets for her birthday. The second time was my freshman year of college and I went with my older sister Rachel because she had been dying to see it for years. Those tickets are expensive so my mom never got the chance to take all of us to see the show.
So this time around, last week, I took my mommy to see Wicked. She had so much fun at the show and that made me really happy. Broadway is always changing the way the run their musicals. The costumes are more extravagant and the lines are run much differently. What I like about Broadway is that there is one constant during each performance; the music. The orchestra does not change. Yes, the instrumental parts when people are speaking have to match the lines, but the actual music that the show is built on is exactly the same. I just find that kind of enchanting. When I watch any kind of play, movie or television show, I immediately scope out the cute guys. Well, it is safe to say that the Fiero I saw in this last performance of Wicked was the cutest of all three. I definitely recommend this play to anyone who is interested in musicals. It is just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment