Thursday, February 6, 2014

Arts & Crafts

Being an RA is by no means an easy position. There are not crazy, wild parties every night, but it is a demanding job and you have many responsibilities. My favorite part of the job is holding floor functions in the residence halls. Sometimes you have a function that really draws in a huge crowd; sometimes it is a smaller, simpler function and you have a few people.

On January 29th, I held a "Make a Dreamboard" function. It was very female oriented, but I had a few of my male residents in attendance. It was just a great way for us to bond more, explore one another's interests, and I was able to look through magazines that I have had sitting in my room for months. Thank goodness those are taken care of. In all seriousness though, the dream boards are meant to inspire and get the creative juices flowing. I think that mine speaks to what I want in life. I want to be healthier; both in body and in hair. I want to lead a greener, more environmentally friendly life.

No comments:

Post a Comment