Sunday, February 23, 2014

Changing My Ways

There is this super awesome, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity staring me in the face. The only problem is...I am broke. No, wait, let me re-phrase that. I am so broke that charities are going to start raising money for me. It's my own fault though. I have the disgusting, spend-thrift gene in me. I buy everything that I see and more often than not I feel guilty for it afterwards. Sometimes I wish I could just return everything I ever bought and get all my money back. 

For $6,000 dollars, I have the opportunity to go to South Africa in another year. I was on the phone with my mom today and she was telling me that I would need to cover at least $1,000 -$ 2,000 of the trip costs. Wow.

It seems fair to me. My parents sent my sister and I to France and Spain a few years ago and that was for the two of us. I think that if I cut myself off today from spending extra money then I can maybe go. It will be very hard for me because my friends want to do stuff. I can't just become a shut in, but at the same time...I don't make enough money to keep up with them. I have big plans for myself, but for those big plans to actually happen, I have to have money.

I want to move to California. According to my cousin, it would not cost me too much.
I have to buy a car to get to California with and use while I live there. 
I want to go to South Africa. I want to buy an apartment. I want to adopt pets.

All of these things require money and until I catch my first big break and write that novel, I need to save all of my pennies. My two compromises for myself; I will not surrender Netflix and I will not give up Spotify. That is not happening. I tried that free version of Spotify for the mobile device, but it was terrible. It was probably one of the worst experiences of my life. Pardon my dramatics, but my music is important. So, you figure $18 a month for my free movie/music access and that's it. I am not renewing my Amazon Prime because it costs a lot of money. I had a one year free trial that ended January 22, 2014. Bummer. My second tattoo will have to wait a while longer. Maybe in the summer? Maybe next Fall. I don't know. We will have to see.

Who knows? Maybe the book I am working on will actually pan out. Maybe I can get something published. That's the dream. It would be nice to come into some money. I am so tired of being poor while other people just get money handed to them everyday. I either need an excellent get-rich-quick scheme or I need to marry rich. maybe a combination of both.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment