Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snow Bound...No, literally

This has been an interesting week as we segued from January into February. We had a snow day on Monday. I could not have been happier! Monday is my longest day of classes and work so I was happy to be able to stay in bed. I was able to play Uncharted 2: Drake's Deception on my PS3 for the first time since getting back from winter break. I have almost beaten the game, but sadly I am stuck on this one level. Sigh...I will just have to ask someone to help me. Wednesday, we had another snow day. I went to brunch, enjoyed a delicious cheese omelette, shopped til' I dropped in the mall and finished my night with RA duty in McAuliffe. 

The snow is very pretty, but there is just too much of it. This is not even the good kind of snow. It has completely iced over itself so it actually hurts to step into it. You can feel the ice surrounding your fresh footprints as you fall through the cracked snow bank. It scraped against the side of my snow boot and I thought it would carve it open. Some of the pathways are not clear, so navigating the campus can be dangerous. Thankfully, it will be sunny skies for the next two days which should help melt some of the snow. I hope I can get in a couple of pictures before then.

My mall trip was really and truly the highlight of my week. I spent money that I really do not have and I now have no idea how I will make up for the money spent. There were some really good deals going on, but one purchase was un-necessary and I should probably return the item. I bought this really cute dress in Torrid. It has a striped top, with a rose patterned bottom half and it is cotton. I love the dress! Unfortunately, it cost me nearly $60. I guess now I will have to make an adult decision. Keep it, or be $60 poorer?

No comments:

Post a Comment