Thursday, March 20, 2014

21 Means Legal and Legal = St. Patty's Dance Fun

So, last night SGA hosted the St. Patrick's Day Dance here on campus! It was fun...up until the dance floor got so crowded that I was repeatedly stepped on by super tall guys. Ah...the pains of being only 5'3". This was a milestone dance for me because over the break, I turned 21 years old. I can drink in the pub on campus and it is completely legal. I feel like there are millions of new responsibilities sitting on my shoulders. I suppose that that is truly what becoming an adult is all about. It is about being able to do all these things and then testing the waters in our habitats. It is trial and error, really.

My ego was bouncing off the walls of the House of Bollstadt because I was able to walk up to the dance sign in table and receive my yellow bracelet that marks my age for the bartender of the night. Since the most I have really had to drink is a glass of wine with my family, I started off easy last night: Bud Light with Lime. It was super delicious and I felt so self-important drinking it.

DJ Bry was in charge...like normal, except this time I actually enjoyed the music he chose to play. One of my friends requested the "Selfie" song and that was fun to dance to. Of course, everyone in the room took tons of selfies during it. I prefer to listen to the song with the music video because at least that way you can distract yourself by searching for your favorite celebs' #selfie. If you have never heard this song or seen this music video, now is your chance! Believe me...it is sooooooo worth the views!

Selfie by The Chainsmokers

No comments:

Post a Comment