Thursday, March 6, 2014

Vacation Time

My spring break commenced on Friday and I was not ready to go.  There were so many things that needed to get done. I have just embarked on this journey of a meatless Lent and already I face controversy in the cafeteria. There were three different macaroni & cheese choices: spicy buffalo chicken, plain with sausage in it it and one other kind. Either way, all the options had meat. I could have gotten a grilled cheese or something, but where would the challenge have been in that? I went for the mac & cheese with sausage and I did not have a single bite of meat! I am going to pat myself on the back for that.

Thursday, was a different kind of lunch day. Chef was making his own smoothies! He had blueberries, bananas, strawberries, orange juice and what I believe was pineapple juice. He added a dab of honey and cream and for my first time having a smoothie, it was a delicious experience. I had a strawberry banana smoothie. I might start making those at home!

My friends kind of giggled because I told them I had never had a smoothie before. Why? Because I am afraid of lumps! I admit it. I am afraid of a lumpy smoothie. I am the same way with applesauce when my mom makes it. If the sauce has even one lump, I most likely will not come back for seconds. Maybe I will go to the library or the bookstore and get a book of smoothies I can make and start making them over the break. That would solve my no meat dilemma while I am living at home for the next week.

Carlo and I had to wait for all of our residents to take off for break before we could depart for the week. I was actually having a lot of fun closing up with him. He makes me laugh so hard that I feel like my stomach will explode and I love that feeling!

After packing and repacking several times, I was finally prepared for a long week in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment