Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend

This past Saturday, I was in New York City with my family. We went to see the fancy Fabergé eggs that had been hidden all around the five boroughs.  There were 22 dozen eggs scattered and you could go around to their different locations by using the Easter Egg Hunt app to find them. You would scan the barcode and check that egg off your list.
This weekend, a good amount of the eggs were on display in Rockefeller Center. I was definitely glad we did not have to go all over to find them. I was able to get a picture of just about all of the eggs that we saw minus the ones that I was not impressed with. This is a major tourist area in New York so it was so crowded. I felt like I could not breathe in some spots. If you were not careful, you might get knocked down, camera in hand.

It was a fun time, but I probably would not have done it by myself. I would have taken one look at the crowd, turned around and spent the day in the bookstore.

Before we got back on the train to go home, we went to pub called The Shakespeare. Actually, the upper half, which is a fancier restaurant is called The William and the lower pub half is The Shakespeare. They have some traditional, English dishes on the menu and a whole selection of ales and ciders. I did not know what to order and I was not even hungry at that moment.

I went home and had a bowl of delicious pea soup.
It was much better than anything else I ate that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment