Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Stress Test

Just when I did not think that any more stress could come my way I find out just how wrong I can be. Where to begin...from the beginning, I guess.

So the Residential Life staff is hosting their Albertus @ nite event this Saturday: Medieval Times. There will be tons of food, games and prizes and it will definitely be an awesome time. The only thing is that I volunteered to spearhead the event. Luckily, I have the help of my amazing friend and Co-RA, Carlo, to help me run and plan this event. Without him, it would not have been as much fun. There are still so many things to get done in regards to preparations and I have no idea where to begin.

Yesterday, I had written about how my dad was helping me with computer troubles. Well, those problems were pretty serious. My computer was not cooperating. It took from 12am until 6pm yesterday to fix everything that was going on with the computer. I was ready to have a melt down. The worst part of the day was when I found out that the power went out again in three of my residents' rooms...including my own! My refrigerator is constantly being turned on and off because of power issues. It is so stressful to have to worry about the fridge developing a smell because of things like this.

I was ready to just curl into a ball on the floor and sit that way for the next week or so. On top of all this, there is school work that needs to be completed, trip fees that need to be paid and so many other things. I just have to remember that nothing is too much to handle if I just sit back and breathe for a while. I did that by going downtown for some coffee before duty tonight. It always feels so good to just leave campus, even if it is only for an hour.

Now, I will try to sleep because it just might help. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment