Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Good Friday

"Oh I could write a sonnet, about my easter bonnet...", but I won't because I do not have one. This past weekend, I was at home to celebrate Easter with my family.

It started with the long journey back home. On Good Friday, Carlo and I caught the Yale shuttle at 8am and we were back in New York by 10:30 after a lengthy and over-crowded train ride. We opted to stand because there were no seats together and honestly, someone else in more need of a seat than us was bound to show up.

No one understands how to board a train. They step onto the platform and walk through the first open door they see. It seems that all the passengers were in our car because the conductor joked with us saying that we could walk forward about two cars and there are plenty of empty seats. We turned him down and we stood. It was better that we did because we played table top Monopoly on his iPad. I had not played this game in years and that is simply because I do not actually know how to play. Awkwardly enough, I won.

Our game ended when Carlo ran out of money and we arrived at Grand Central Station.
We parted ways at the Subway and I finished my journey home.

While I was waiting at Penn Station, Rob texted me to find out what I was doing and he said something that I laughed so hard at...out loud! I probably seemed crazier than the man standing next to me that was talking to himself. Oh well,  if you cannot be a little crazy in New York City, then where can you be crazy?

That night we dyed Easter eggs! I think I made the cutest eggs this year, including my "Canada 2014 ?" easter egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment