Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cliff Notes Version

It's finally here! In a few short hours I will be heading to Pennsylvania and some homemade pumpkin pie. Well...actually, I'm going to my house in West Hempstead, NY, but there will most definitely be homemade pumpkin pie available. My trip back to Long Island will not be as bad today as it normally is. Normally making my way home to Long Island is a journey and a half. Let's talk train rides. Normally it involves one metro north ride, two subway cars from Grand Central Station to 34th street and one or two (depending on the station) Long Island Railroad trains. Sometimes, I even have to switch at Jamaica station. Phew! Just writing all of that was an expedition. Thankfully, today, my aunt is meeting me at Stamford which is half of the ride. It's like a cliff notes version to getting home. Actually, she picks me up quite often and I am so thankful for that. I am not a fan of the long commute somewhere. Once I meet her at Stamford it's only one more hour of travel and then I am home. With all those trains, you start to feel like you have been travelling all day.

So, on Wednesday, we get to have family day. I really hope we get to watch Charlie Brown Thanksgiving tomorrow night because what is a holiday without a Charlie Brown movie? 

Then Thursday is the ultimate family day; Thanksgiving! It will be a day of mass quantities of food, beverages, birthday gifts, birthday cake, pies, bread, loud Italians, card games and football. What would a holiday be without football? There will probably be some yelling and then some laughter, but we all know, at the end of the day, that we love one another.

My favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is finally revisiting the deliciousness that are my mom's scalloped potatoes. It's three different kinds of potatoes covered in heavy cream and then baked! What is better than that? I can't think of anything! Normally, we make just one tray of them, but this year all the hungry men will be there so I am praying for a second tray. 

Well, I'm going to finish packing and preparing to head home. I will update again soon!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment