Sunday, November 24, 2013

'Twas Four Nights Before Thanksgiving

'Twas four nights before Thanksgiving,
and all through the house,
not a student was stirring,
not even a...

Okay, so it seems that only Clement Clarke Moore can write a great poem in that form. I mean, how many things really rhyme with house and have anything to do with residence hall life. Hmm...I might have to ponder that for a while. I am sure I can come up with something.

Basically, it's the Sunday before Thanksgiving. My vacation begins as of 1:10 pm on Tuesday afternoon. I cannot wait to get home! For now, I am celebrating the end of a very windy, long and semi-boring weekend by watching the Gilmore Girls and doing my laundry. I actually had a very productive Sunday though. I read 3 students' papers that are W requirements for class. I always glad to help out my friends with their assignments. It's great to be a Writing Associate! One of the papers was about the internship that my friend Sharinna is currently in the middle of. It's so cool! She's working with the City of New Haven's Finance Department with the internal auditors and the controller. I cannot wait to work on my first big internship. It's basically like working for that company full-time. She is sitting  in on big meetings, helping with company decisions, gathering paper work from company presidents, etc. Well, any way, I was just really glad to be the Writing Associate who got to read her paper.

Well, that's the dryer. Time to go fold some laundry.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment