Friday, November 8, 2013

Been A Long Week

So, you are probably wondering where I wandered off to. Well, let me tell you that things at school have been so crazy. The last two weeks have been like one giant, annoying flash mob. By definition, a flash mob is a small gathering of people that come to one specific place at a specific time and perform an action and then disappear. “In like a lion, out like a lamb,” as they say. Where should I begin?
My Halloween was quite mellow. I was on duty in McAuliffe Hall that night, but I did have a lovely floor function. There was pumpkin painting and tons of candy and cookies to be had. It was delicious. Between the chocolate bars and Vampire Diaries, my night was exactly what I asked for. 
On Saturday night, last week, I helped to co-chair the Falcon League event with some of my co- RA's. It was a little discombobulated at the start, but once we got the games started, the night ran smoothly.


Falcon League was a night of obstacles; some hard and some easier, but the name of the game was to overcome the tougher challenges and become a legend. We had three rounds with three stages in each round. The first stage of the first round was to place a cookie on your forehead and try to eat it without using your hands. Next, the contestants had to build a pyramid out of cups and then un-stack it. The final stage for that round was to answer 3 out of 5 trivia questions. The trivia questions were all about the residential life staff. Some people definitely need to brush up on who is a part of the residential staff. It was all fun and games anyway, so, no big deal. Some of the other rounds included: push-ups, jumping jacks (while reciting the alphabet), dizzy bat, paddle balancing, and card matching. 

Our three winners; Falcon Legend, Falcon Warrior and Falcon Survivor were awarded with cash prizes and three gorgeous blue sashes created by myself and RA Mimi. It was definitely a successful night and I was glad to be a part of it!

The morning after...Sunday, I hopped on a Metro-North train to Stamford where my aunt picked me up and we drove an hour back to Long Island. Why would I go home for less than 24 hours? Well, we were celebrating my sister's 19th birthday and my grandmother's 72nd birthday. It was one of the best Sundays I have had in a while. I am so glad I made the decision to go home for the day. 

Now, I am back at school and the work is just being tossed at me from every direction. I have two tests this coming Monday and a paper due sometime this week. Crazy stuff. The semester is definitely winding down though. I can feel it. Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment